Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Promise: My One Little Word 2011

The word I have chosen for 2011 is PROMISE.
Perhaps I should say this word chose me.When I found that word, all of this meaning came upon me like a flood.

PROMISE

like full of promise / hopeful with bright prospects
like God's promise to transform my life if I will let HIM
like the promise of a child's future
like the promise of relationships restored
like the binding commitment of promising to love & respect till death do us part
like the opposite of doom

Like the promise of this verse

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


This is the kind of restoration, of healing that I see in the PROMISE of 2011

Isaiah 61:1-3

The Year of the LORD’s Favor
 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
   a planting of the LORD
   for the display of his splendor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment