Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Signed Up For A Class - Telling Stories Deeply

It must be the springtime, or that my heart is ready to come out of the glum greys of winter (although I love a good brisk wind and some real weather!) but I seem to be ready for transformation, I find myself filled with a desire to try new things on all fronts.

I just singed up for my first ever online scrapbooking class. I'm not real good about keeping up with things... so I'm a little nervous about it, but mostly excited! The class is called "Telling Stories Deeply." I love to write and reflect on things... but for some reason it seldom makes it into my scrapbooking... I seldom do any journaling or writing of any kind on my pages - which is odd given my heavy-wordedness in other areas of my life (for example: This Blog!) I actually don't care so very much about my scrapbook pages. I figure perhaps I should just print off all my blog posts and tuck them into one of the page protectors on my scrapbook album - but I am hoping that it might help me to focus more - and to notice more the wonderful things in life. That's one of my favorite things - you know that feeling when time stands still and you look around at the world and the people with you and think - this is a moment I will keep for all time... I already do that from time-to-time but I am hoping to recognize more moments like that - and to write about them more often.

If you're interested, the class is "Telling Stories Deeply" taught by Karekn Grunburg over a Big Picture Scrapbooking. You know after they announced the final issue of Simple Scrapbooking I heard a lot of people worried about what it heralded in the scrapbooking industry. I think it was a sign of the next phase to come... I'll never give up my Personal Close To My Heart Scrapbooking Consultant - but I may replace magazines with classes like this. I hope it lives up to all I hope it will be.
http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/deepjournal.php

0 comments:

Post a Comment