Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Rustic Trail Park Scrapbook Pages

Click Photos for Larger View
Click Here to see the other set of pages from this same day.

I love these papers (Rustic Trail by CTMH), they are so perfect for all the things that little boys love to do! The quote says "To touch the earth is to be in harmony with nature." The quote seemed perfect for the day. Ethan, like most boys, is nearly always in the dirt... he loves to pick up sticks and rocks and bits of mulch, he collects them like little treasures. These photos are from quite a few years back and I get so nostalgic seeing his younger self struggling to carry his backpack across the grass. It was such a stab at independence for him back then. How they grow!

I always try to lead the eye through the page, usually when I have a page where "something just doesn't feel right" it ends up the problem is that the eye does not know where to go. I try to make a smooth path the your eye will follow without your having to think about it. In this layout whether your are drawn to the deep cocoa color or the brighter Dutch Blue you will be led to look at all the photos on the page. Although very simple I am particularly pleased with the way these pages came out, they seemed to me to have good balance. Balance of color, balance of warmth and cool, and balance so that the page elements do not overshadow the photos.

All Products by CTMH. The page concept is "Abstract" from the book Cherish from Close To My Heart. Colors are: Bamboo, Dutch Blue, Olive, and Cocoa. Stamps: Back to Nature

0 comments:

Post a Comment