Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mexican Pulled Pork

Thank you very much to Ali Bee's Bake Shop for posting this recipe. We love it! This is the easy version I have featured another, fussier pulled pork recipe in the past.
1 pork loin roast
1 bottle of Goya Mojo Criollo (see photo)
1 bottle of mexican beer
water
taco fixings of your choice.
Start with a boneless pork loin roast. NOT a tenderloin, that's an expensive cut of meat, you just want it to say loin, forget the tender the cooking method will take care of that. Place said roast, fat side up, into an oven safe Dutch Oven with a tight fitting lid. I have a Le Cereucet Dutch oven, my family calls it the magic pot. I got it for my 15th anniversary. It IS magical. I switched out the plastic knob that comes with it, I bought the oven safe one, you can find them at Sur La Table or Williams Sonoma.

Dump in 1 bottle of Mexican beer & 1 bottle of Goya Mojo Criollo, you can find it with the Latin foods, it smells amazing as soon as you open it! I got it at Kroger, but now I buy it at HEB, their price is better. Add water to the pot, enough to cover the top of the roast.
Place the lid on and Roast in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 hours.

Remove from the oven, if you did it right the sides of the pot will be black, that is where it pays to have a pot that cleans up like magic. Remove the roast to a large cutting board and shred it with 2 forks.

I like to skim off the fat and reserve some of the juices, but I no longer store the meat in the juices as pictured.
You can serve these as tacos, but my favorite way is to serve the meat & juices over cilantro rice & hit it with a squeeze of lime. Delicioso!
People have mentioned crockpots, so I tried cooking it one time at a lower temp of 350 degrees. It didn't get tender, the meat dried out & the sauce didn't reduce, so I can't vouch for what would happen in a crockpot.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment