Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Brrr, it's been cold here in Houston. Down into the 20's at night, we're just NOT used to that. It was so cold in the house that I had to go buy long underwear so that I could come out from huddling under blankets and get my housework done. It's so cold I have to open the battery compartment, spin the batteries and huff on them with my warm breath in order to get the TV remote to work.

Robert had the pipes wrapped, but last night a sprinkler pipe burst so he's going to have a Home Depot project to fix that.

I've been putting Ethan's clothes in the dryer every morning to try to tempt him out of bed for school.

All the plants in my front planters have frozen and will have to be replaced. I don't know if I'll be able to persuade Robert to let me get roses, again... they did so well the first year, but between roofers, hard freezes, and broken drip lines, one by one I have lost them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment