Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Mughlai Chicken & Rice


Tonight I made another Nigella Lawson recipe and it was WONDERFUL. We had Mughali Chicken and Aromatic Rice. Oh it was heavenly... so many wonderful spices but not hot. It reminded me of Colonel Brandon's famous line... "The air was full of spices."

I will warn you this recipe was more labor intensive than I expected and somehow I was missing the 2nd page which included instructions to simmer for an additional 20 minutes... what with all of this
I didn't get dinner onto the table until past 8:30 but what a heavenly plate it was when it finally arrived.

I left out the chile flake (I am a definite spice wimp) and the golden sultanas (because I'm allergic to fruit and Ethan doesn't like raisins.) I used just under 2 pounds of meat rather than 3 and my family of 3 polished it off, we do have a little rice and a lot of sauce left, but the meat is all gone.

I made 1/2 a recipe of the rice as I was not serving a banquet, only my family of 3. I tracked down all the specialty ingredients at H.E.B. Market including the almond flour - which was a bit pricey, the Nigella Seeds (which were labeled as "black sesame seeds"), Greek Yogurt, and whole cardomom.

This dish was decadent and I will totally be making it again! --- Perhaps next time I'll take some photos....

0 comments:

Post a Comment