Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Present Tie-On Idea: Scooby Doo

Welcome to the final day of this week's Classic Artwork Blitz! Scooby Doo has been a popular gift wrapping theme in our house for some time. The colors are bright and fun and they work equally well for a boy or a girl. Here hand made accents add charm to store-bought wrapping paper.

I made a 3x3 gift card and attached it to the gift. I also made a small treat bag filled with "Scooby Snacks" (AKA chex cereal) which I tied onto the ribbon on the package. The "Scooby Snacks" bag topper has green paw prints stamped all over it which didn't show up in the photo. I carried out the theme by selecting colors which coordinated with my wrapping paper and stamps from CTMH's (now retired) Best Friend Doggy stamp set. The green-on-green tag and bag topper were modeled after the green-on-green Scooby portraits in the wrapping paper.

Let me know if you have enjoyed this week's Classic Art Blitz!
If you try this idea, please post a comment to this post and share the link to your artwork. I'd love to see what you make!

Stamps: Best Friend Doggy
Colors: Orange, Hydrangea, Clover Meadow, and Citrus Leaf
All supplies on Handmade items by Close To My Heart

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi April,Love catching up on your blog site. So many fun things. I love the scooby snacks, I have had to do a lot of puppy dog style snacks lately with the boys in school. Did you know that there are dog bone shaped "Scooby Snack" graham crackers by Keebler? I get mine at Staters. Mix them with some Coco Puffs and it makes a fun snack bag.Take care,Julie W.

Post a Comment