Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Things We Share: Digital Layout


Today I made my 2nd attempt at digital scrapbooking & it was so EASY. I took a FREE tutorial: Get Started for FREE! Hybrid and Digital Scrapbook Quick Start tutorial at Jessicaspraug.com. There is a free template to put what you've learned into practice and make the page.

I'm getting better at working in Photoshop Elements, I even did a little editing of the photo. Here was the original photo. I shifted the colors to go with the page and flipped the image to make the photo fit better (& to make it so the flowers on Heather's shirt would show.) I just wish I knew how to make my sunglasses darker, I always thought it looked weird that you could see my eyes through those glasses. Also isn't it great that I was able to crop out the guy with the beer gut in the background! It's too bad we don't know that lady in pink who is perfectly framed between us. I like this digital thing.
...and yes, I went back and fixed it so it says princesses I was just too lazy to post it on Photobucket again.

Here is how it would have looked with the photo not flipped.... not only do we fit differently on the page, but the colors were better balanced by putting heather's blue shirt over next to the orange.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yeah for your....awesome editing. Thanks for sharing.

Carrie said...

Oh how cool & fun! I am trying to do a digi page w/ the table writing, taking me days! lol I know once I get hang of pen & get over handwriting it will go faster! Look forward to see what else you learn - never thought of flipping photos!

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful job, April! It looks fantastic.

Post a Comment