Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Verses of Encouragement

I needed encouragement, today so I went looking for some... I sought words that would make me feel courageous to act, but I was sent one that soothed the hurt in my heart.

Deuteronomy 31:23
The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: "Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you."

Ezra 10:4
Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.

as soon as I had found those, my cell phone beeped and Lynda had texted me this one.

Jonah 2:2
2 He said:
"In my distress I called to the LORD,
and he answered me.
From the depths of the grave I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.

A great site looking up verses online, comparing translations, or searching for keywords:
http://www.biblegateway.com/

Found this site today, has an index to find encouraging verses for different situations:
http://encouragingbiblequotes.com/verseindexa.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment